American Red Cross shelters opened at noon Tuesday in Horry County, open at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Columbus.
Shelter sites include:’
- South Columbus High School – 40 Stallion Drive, Tabor City
- West Columbus High School – 7294 Andrew Jackson Highway Southwest, Cerro Gordo
- East Columbus High School – 32 Gator Lane, Lake Waccamaw
- Guideway Elementary School – 11570 Swamp Fox Highway East, Tabor City
- Edgewood Elementary School – 317 East Calhoun Street, Whiteville
Edgewood Elementary School is the county’s designated pet friendly shelter. Only domesticated animals will be allowed. Please do not wait until the last minute to travel to one of the shelters.
- Loris High School – 301 Loris Lions Road, Loris
- North Myrtle Beach High School – 3750 Sea Mountain Highway, Little River
- Aynor Middle – 400 Frye Road, Galivant’s Ferry
- Conway High School – 2301 Church Street, Conway
- Whittemore Park Middle – 1808 Rhue Street, Conway
- Palmetto Bays Elementary – 8900 Highway 544, Myrtle Beach
Those planning to evacuate to a shelter need to plan to be self-sufficient.
Items each family should bring with them include:
- Prescription medications
- Extra clothing
- Infant formula
- Non-perishable food items
- Person hygiene items.
Those with pets at a pet-friendly designations shelter should bring the pet in a crate, have a current rabies vaccination tag attached to the pet’s collar, and have food and a leash for the animal. Trained personnel will care for the animal at the shelter.