Fireworks will be just part of the fun during Tabor City’s 32nd Annual Fourth of July Fireworks Celebration scheduled for this evening (Tuesday), at South Columbus High School.
Gates open at 6 p.m., entertainment starts at 7 p.m., and the fireworks are set to fly at 9:30 p.m. Admission is free. Pets, coolers and alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
Food and beverages will be on sale by the Greater Tabor City Chamber of Commerce, sno cones, cotton candy and popcorn by youth of Old Zion Wesleyan Church,
Veterans will be recognized, drawings will be held, and more.
Fireworks bring the crowds, both inside the gate and lining the highways surrounding South Columbus, but there’s plenty more in the hours leading up to the 9:30 p.m. pyrotechnic display.
Gates open at 6 p.m., entertainment begins at 7 p.m. with Marylou Molina, President of the sponsoring Greater Tabor City Chamber of Commerce, will open the program and introduce emcee Lamont Grate, Tabor City’s mayor pro tem.
Rev. Billy Roy of Crossroads Church will lead the invocation, with entertainment kicking off at 7:15 p.m., including:
- 7:15 – Singer Riley Bunch
- 7:30 – Raffle drawings with NC Yam Festival royalty
- 7:40 – Courtney Bronya Prince entertains
- 7:55 – Introduction of visiting queens, raffle drawings
- 8:10 – Recognition of veterans, led by Rev. Roy; tribute to veterans sung by Courtney Bronya Prince; raffle drawings; sponsor recognition
- 8:25 – Riley Bunch
- 8:50 – Courtney Bronya Prince
- 9 – Sarah Hughes entertains
- 9:15 – Raffle drawings; 50-50 drawing
- 9:25 – Presentation of Colors, Columbus County Fire & Rescue Honor Guard; Pledge of Allegiance; National Anthem led by Erin Mincey
- 9:30 – Fireworks!
There will be a 50/50 raffle and numerous prizes available in a separate raffle. Those items and sponsors include:
- Gift bag, Dameron Drug
- Oil change, TC Automotive, Chris Avery
- $20 gift cards (2), TC IGA
- Gift Item, Chadbourn Feed Services
- $25 gift card, First Bank
- Sweet potato treats basket, NC Yam Festival
- Electric blower, Singletary Lawn Mower Repair
- 100 shopping spree, Time Saver Store #9
- Look for coverage of tonight’s festivities in tomorrow’s Tabor-Loris Tribune in print and online.