Skip to content

Dog dies in home fire

     A cigarette is suspected in a mobile home fire that heavily damaged the mobile home of Greg and Marsha Floyd in the 1600 block of Sandy Plains Church Road just after noon Saturday, Tabor City Fire Chief Jerry Hodges said.
     Though the owners were away, their Pit Bull/Labrador mix dog died from smoke and heat as temperatures inside rose to “1,200 degrees or more,” Hodges said.
     Fire began on the couch, and flamed gutted the living room and kitchen, Hodges said. Assistant Fire Chief Jeff Fowler (left) said extinguishing the blaze was “very hot” work.

(Deuce Niven photo)

Leave a Comment