Sprinkler extinguishes apartment fire

By DEUCE NIVEN

tribdeuce@tabor-loris.com

     Lunch left unattended on a stove started a fire that a sprinkler system quickly extinguished at Forest Edge Apartments Tuesday, Tabor City Fire Chief Jeff Fowler said.

     “The sprinkler did what it was supposed to do,” Fowler said.

     Witnesses said the tenant had stepped out from the second floor apartment. Fowler said the building’s sprinkler system will have to be serviced, and called for a Duke Energy crew to pull meters from the affected apartment and one below.

     Look for more on this story in Wednesday’s Tabor-Loris Tribune in print and online.