Two of four charged in child sex crime case plead guilty

Lindsey Danielle Honeyctt and Panteleimon Nicolas Spirakis

By DEUCE NIVEN

tribdeuce@tabor-loris.com

     Two of four people charged in a Grand Strand child sex crimes case with ties to Tabor City have entered guilty pleas, 15th Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said Tuesday.

     Panteleimon Nicolas Spirakis, 57, of Myrtle Beach and Lindsey Honeycutt, 31, who showed addresses in Myrtle Beach and Tabor  City when she was arrested in 2018, each entered guilty pleas before Circuit Court Judge Larry B. Hyman in Conway on Tuesday.

     Spirakis was sentenced to serve 20 years in prison after entering guilty pleas to two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor; two counts of engaging a children for a sexual performance.

     Spirakis entered the plea after a jury had been selected in his trial Tuesday morning, a day after Honeycutt told the court Spirakis had threatened to kill her because she was planning to testify for the state.

     Sentencing for Honeycutt, who is expected to testify for two other men charged in the case, will not be sentenced until after those trials, assistant solicitor Leigh Andrew said. He and senior assistant solicitor Ellen Walter prosecuted the cases.

     Trial dates have not been set for Ambrose Edward Heavener, 31, father of the victims with addresses in Tabor City and Conway; and Anthony L. Strickland, 46, of Myrtle Beach.

     Police said Heavener was the father of the child victims, Honeycutt their mother.

     “The crimes this defendant perpetrated on these children were some of the worst we have ever seen,” Andrew said. “He robbed them of an innocence that they will never get back.”

     All of the crimes are alleged to have taken place in the Myrtle Beach area between December 2014 and April 2015, police said following the arrests.

     Look for more on this story in this week’s Tabor-Loris Tribune in print and online.