Skip to content

UPDATED: Horry chase ends in Green Acres crash

Tabor City Emergency Services and Tabor City Fire Department personnel take a man from his overturned car to an ambulance on Green Acres Road Wednesday evening, above. That man was taken by helicopter to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. (Deuce Niven photos)

Thursday update
    Citations were issued to a Tabor City man following a police pursuit that began in Horry County and ended just across the border in Columbus County Wednesday evening, Trooper R.A. Capps of the North Carolina Highway Patrol said.
    Marty Soles, 23, of Sandy Place Drive, was charged with reckless driving, driving with a revoked license, and not wearing a seat belt, following the 7:45 p.m. crash on Green Acres Road.
    Officer Michael Stackhouse of the Loris Police Department attempted a traffic stop for the pink Cadillac, and gave chase up U.S. 701 out of Loris, and onto Morgan Road, LPD Chief Karen Shepherd said Thursday. As the officer reported excessive speed by the pink car, a supervisor called off the chase, Shepherd said, and Stackhouse backed off.
    Stackhouse spotted the overturned Cadillac as he approached the state line, Shepherd said.
    Soles lost control of the car just after entering Columbus County, his car going into a ditch just 53 feet north of the state line, and rolling once before coming to rest on its side 93 feet later, Capps said.
    Soles was not thrown from the car, but “thrown around in it,” Capps said. An AirLink helicopter based at Columbus Regional Healthcare carried Soles to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, the nearest trauma center.
    “It doesn’t appear life threatening, but he was hurt pretty good,” Capps said. Medical personnel were closing several open scalp wounds, following a CAT scan, the trooper said.
    Charges from the Loris Police Department are pending, Shepherd said.
    Look the full story in next week’s Tabor-Loris Tribune in print and online.

Wednesday evening post
    A police chase that began in Horry County ended north of the state line with a pink Cadillac on its side, its driver taken by helicopter to a Myrtle Beach trauma center.
    Police from Loris and Horry County were on the crash scene, with support from the Columbus County Sheriff’s Office and North Carolina Highway Patrol.
    A male driver was cut from the car, which appeared to have rolled more than once, and taken by ambulance to a landing zone where the AirLink helicopter based in Whiteville picked up their patient for a quick trip to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center in Myrtle Beach.
   A woman who appeared to be a family member was able to speak with the man before the AirLink crew whisked the man away. Firefighters said the man was speaking. The extent of his injuries was not known.
    Look for more on this story here, and a full report in next week’s Tabor-Loris Tribune in print and online.

Leave a Comment